For this week's nails of the week I decided to try the newspaper nails technique. I saw this a long time ago on youtube by cutepolish.. have always wanted to try it but never did. Recently i have been seeing a lot of bloggers doing it and I finally decided to try it. You guys should know me buy now.. I cannot just do a regular mani.. so I did a little extra on some nails =)
Also all i had was korean newspaper.. (and no i am not korean lol).. it was funny i showed my mom my nails.. and she goes "why would you do that.. you can't even read the words".. lol! Ii mean use what you have right?! =).. I actually like how it looks with the korean hanzi.. i can imagine how it would look with japanese or chinese.. at least i would be able to read the chinese lol!
*Please read on for a how to and more pictures.
*Please click on any of the images to see the larger version.
♡What you will need:
- rubbing alcohol or vodka or anti-bacterial sanitizer
- pieces of newspaper
- a small jar or cup or cap
- polish of your choice (make sure to pick one that is not too dark)
- top coat (Must Have)
- Clean nails and a base coat.. then paint your nails how you want them and let them completely dry.
- Pour some rubbing alcohol (or whatver you chose) into the small jar & have your news paper clippings ready
- Dip your completely dried nail into the alcohol - make sure your whole nail is soaked in the alochol for at least 5 seconds
- This next step is important. Take your finger out and place a newspaper clipping over the nail bud and press lightly for about 5-10 seconds ( do not rub, you don't it to be smudged).. or until the words/letters transfer. Make sure not to press too hard or else the paper will stick to your nails. If your polish is completely dry then you won't have to worry about that though.
- Now you will want to remove the paper and repeat how your other nails
- Last step is to make sure you put a top coat! This is a must do for this type of nail art. If you do not put a top coat then the ink on your nails will rub/wash off.
- I also tried using other parts of the newspaper other than just words.. and i love how they came out
Knowing me i had to do a little more =).. here are pictures for the final results.. and i love the end result.
- Left Hand
- Right Hand
Cuticle and coats -
- Nail Life- jojoba and tea tree cuticle remover (will do a review after using it for a month)
- Beauty Secrets - Pink Base Coat
- Beauty Secrets - Blue Top Coat
- Color club- no name light pastel purple
- Wet n Wild - Gray's Anatomy
- China Glaze Crackle - Latticed Lilac
- KleanColor- Aurora
- Nail Striping Tape - Purple
I absolutely love my nails.. I will be keeping them on for as long as I can! It took me a few times to get it right, so don't get discouraged if you don't get it right the first time. If you try it or have already done it, post if on my facebook page.. i would love to see it! Ciao ciao for now!